Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- Nominations will be accepted for the Offices of Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillor or School Board Trustee
- Candidates can file a nomination paper and submit the signatures of 25 voters* supporting the nomination at the Municipal Office anytime during normal business hours
*The prescribed form will be available in April.
Friday July 27, 2018
- Final day for candidate nomination
- Nominations will be accepted between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Deadline is 2:00 p.m. for withdrawal of nominations
Monday, July 30, 2018
- Certification of Nominations papers completed by the Clerk before 4:00 p.m.
- Declaration of Acclamation declared atfter 4:00 p.m.
If, at 4:00 pm on the Monday following Nomination Day, the number of certified candidates for an office is the same as or less than the number to be elected, the Clerk shall immediately declare the candidate or candidates elected by acclamation.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Certified Candidates may pick up their Voters' List
- Revision period commences
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Final expense limits will be provided to candidates.
Friday, October 19, 2018
- Final day for the registration of Third Party Advertisers
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Voting Period begins (Electors will have 14 days to cast their vote)
- Internet/Telephone Voting will begins at 8:30 a.m.
Monday, October 22, 2018
- Voting Day
- Voting up until 8:00 p.m.
Monday, December 3, 2018
- Inaugural meeting of 2018 - 2002 Municipal Council at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers
Monday, December 31, 2018
- Campaign period ends
- Deadline for candidates to provide the Clerk with written notification of deficit and continuation of campaign period. This also applies to Third Party Advertisers
Friday, March 29, 2019
- Financial Statements deadline for reporting period ending December 31, 2018