Services & Departments
Bylaws and Bylaw Enforcement
The Municipality is in the process of making its bylaws available electronically.We have hundereds of bylaws and will post those on our website which are asked for the most by the public. If there is is bylaw that you would like to see posted please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Older bylaws will be added as time and funds permit. Paper copies of all bylaws are available at the Municipal office.
The Bylaw Enforcement Department is responsible for the enforcement of bylaws passed by Council for the Municipality of Hastings Highlands. Typical issues that are dealt with include,
- Accumulation of debris on private property
- Illegal dumping
- Mandatory recycling
- Animal control
- Zoning Bylaw violations (e.g. illegal placement of trailers on vacant lands)
Bylaw complaints must be registered in writing. Complaints sent on the Municipal bylaw complaint form will be accepted by email. (see below at bottom of page for the form). Complaints will be accepted only if the following information is provided:
- Complainant name, address and telephone number.
- Complaint location (address).
- Satisfactory explanation of the complaint and details that would assist with an investigation.
- Summary of when and where the problem/infraction is occuring.
To file a noise complaint during regular business hours call the Bylaw Department at 613 338-2811 ext 235 to leave a message for Dawn Bowers, the Bylaw Officer. She is in the office on M/W/F.
Please call the Planning Clerk, Cathy Bujas at ext 222 if it is urgent and the Bylaw Officer is not in the office.
Dawn Bowers - Bylaw Enforcement Officer
Phone: (613) 338-2811 Ext. 235
Phone: After hours please call: 1-877-338- 2818 to leave her a message
For after-hours noise complaints, please contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122.
To report a nuisance bear around your property, contact the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) Bear Wise hotline at 1-866-514-BEAR(2327), TTY 705-945-7641. In an immediate emergency call 9-1-1.
Our primary goals and objectives are to provide services which focus on public safety and a balanced quality of life in our community.
Bylaws and Bylaw Enforcement Documents
- 2019-002 Second Units Bylaw2019-02-21
- Parking Bylaw2019-02-06
- Cooling Centre Policy2018-08-15
- Bylaw Enforcement Office-Formal Complaint Report Form (word)2018-07-16
- By-Law Enforcement Office-Formal Complaint Report Form (pdf)2018-07-16
- Clean Municipality Bylaw 2018-0742018-06-26
- Clear Bag Waste Disposal Policy2018-05-16
- Bylaw 2018-024 Corporate and Personal Use of Social Media Policy Bylaw2018-02-21
- Flying Lantern Ban2017-05-15
- Antenna Siting Protocol Bylaw 2017-022 (pdf)2017-02-24
- Private Road Bylaw2016-12-05
- Bylaw 2016-057 Line Fences Bylaw2016-10-05
- Entrance Permit Bylaw and Application 2016-052 (pdf)2016-09-20
- Application for Sign Permit (word doc)2016-07-22
- SIGN BYLAW 2016 - 060 (pdf)2016-07-22
- Accessory Buildings LSR, WR and LSRI zoning & 'Tiny Houses'2016-05-24
- 2016 - 033 Complaints Policy (pdf)2016-05-18
- Procurement Policy Bylaw 2016-0242016-04-20
- ATV/Off Road Vehicles (pdf)2015-06-17
- 2010 - 12 Zoning By-Law Amendment (pdf)2015-03-25
- 2012 - 45 Zoning By-Law Amendment (pdf)2015-03-25
- Zoning By-law 2004-35 (pdf)2011-05-17
- 2010-006 Noise by-law (pdf)2010-04-09
- Dog Bylaw (pdf)2009-07-07
- Kennel By-law (pdf)2008-07-30
- Business Licensing Bylaw 10-2002 (pdf)2006-07-27