Services & Departments
Tenders & Employment
The Municipality of Hastings Highlands is currently accepting applications for a permanent, full-time Chief Building Official, (CBO).
The CBO shall be responsible for the operation and administration of the Ontario Building Code (OBC) and will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Successful completion of a University Degree or College Diploma in the field of Architecture, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Five (5) or more years of municipal experience, preferably in the building and planning department and the CBCO or BCQ designation are highly desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Ontario Municipal Act and the Ontario Planning Act.
- Qualified and registered with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 2.16 of the OBC in the following categories: General Legal; House; Small Buildings; Large Buildings; Complex Buildings; Plumbing All Buildings; Building Services; HVAC; On-Site Septic.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and efficient computer literacy skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Keystone Complete.
* Applicants with General Legal; House; and Plumbing; and willing to complete qualification for the above categories, will be considered under supervision at a reduced salary range.
Salary Range in accordance with experience and the Municipal pay grid. Comprehensive benefit package, including OMERS pension.
Applicants are invited to submit covering letters, Provincial certifications, and resumes no later than October 12, 2017 at midnight to the attention of: CAO, Municipality of Hastings Highlands, PO Box 130, 33011 Hwy 62, Maynooth ON, K0L 2S0 or via e-mail to CAO@hastingshighlands.ca.
Hiring will be subject to possessing a Valid Ontario Driver’s License, the successful passing of a Criminal Reference check and verification of education and required certifications. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of job selection.