May 25, 2022
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – BUILDING & OPERATIONS
The Corporation of the Municipality of Hastings Highlands is currently recruiting an energetic, motivated, and creative professional with superior communication, research, and customer service skills who works well in a fast-paced environment to fill the full time position of Administrative Assistant – Building & Operations.
Reporting to the Chief Building Official, the Administrative Assistant assists both the Building and Operations Departments to provide various secretarial, research, reporting writing, and customer service support.
More specifically, the successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Greets, receives, directs or answers/records general questions/enquiries from the general public from various sources such as but not limited to telephone, email, or in person including taking messages for staff members who are absent or unavailable;
- Assists with completing building permit application pre-screenings (in-person and electronically);
- Assists with reviewing building permit applications and calculating permit fees;
- Receives “in person” payments as required;
- Various administrative duties as requested such as reviewing and updating forms, data entry, photocopying and may include the occasional attendance at council or committee meetings;
- Maintains inventory of office stationery and supplies, orders replacement materials from suppliers according to the municipal purchasing policy;
- Files correspondence, memos, minutes etc. as directed;
- Submits Building Department reports for Tarion and MPAC;
- Provides assistance to each department, including report writing and data entry requirements;
- Maintains the Municipal website and various social media accounts in accordance to policy;
- Creates and maintains marketing and educational communication documents as required;
- Assists the Building & Operations Departments with customer service enquiries, is proficient with Hastings County GIS Mapping;
- Recording Secretary (agenda/minutes) for various meetings as required;
- Manages the Municipal Customer Service Request platform and assists with customer responses as required by various departments;
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma in Office Administration, or an equivalent mix of education and experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a progressive administrative position;
- Sound understanding of municipal government, knowledge of municipal bylaws, waste site operation, relevant legislation (including the Municipal Act, Minimum Maintenance StandardsO. Reg 239/02, Ontario Building Code, Environmental Act and various departmental specific bylaws);
- Excellent judgement, tact, time management, organizational, and customer service skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point);
- Possess and maintain a valid “G” driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle.
Hiring will be subject to the successful submission of a Criminal Record check and verification of education and experience requirements.
The Municipality offers an annual salary range of $38,883 to $48,613.50 per year. Applicants are invited to submit resumes in confidence by 3:00 p.m. on June 9, 2022 to:
Municipality of Hastings Highlands 33011 Highway 62, Maynooth ON K0L 2S0
Email: [email protected]
Visit our website at: https://hastingshighlands.ca/municipal/careers-volunteering/ for a complete job description.
The Municipality of Hastings Highlands wishes to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise if you require accommodation and the Municipality will endeavour to accommodate candidates in all parts of the hiring process. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.