June 28, 2022
The Corporation of the Municipality of Hastings Highlands is currently recruiting an outgoing and enthusiastic professional with superior customer service skills who works well in a fast-paced environment to fill the full-time position of Administrative/Community Services Coordinator.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer/Treasurer, the Administrative/Community Services Coordinator is responsible for customer service management, office administration, managing facility rentals and bookings, and various administrative departmental support.
More specifically, the successful candidate will have the following duties:
• Greets, receives, directs or answers/records general questions/enquiries from the general public from various sources such as but not limited to telephone, electronic, or in-person including taking messages for staff members who are absent or unavailable;
• Receives payments and assists with inputting daily payments including tax and other collection payments as required;
• Various administrative duties as requested such as reviewing and updating forms, producing welcome packages, photocopying and may include the occasional attendance at council or committee meetings;
• Sorts all outgoing mail and affixes correct postage prior to delivery to the post office;
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail;
• Maintains inventory of office stationery and supplies, orders replacement materials from suppliers according to the municipal purchasing policy;
• Files correspondence, memos, minutes etc. as directed by the Supervisor;
• Provides assistance to staff as necessary;
• Monitors and maintains current information of the Hastings Highlands website, Facebook, and other social media and information platforms as required;
• Maintains the Municipal Customer Service Request System and assists with customer responses
as required by various departments;
• Maintain the booking calendar/payments/insurance for community centres, ball diamonds and soccer fields;
• Assists with maintenance and adherence of the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Post-secondary diploma in office administration or an equivalent mix of education and experience will be considered;
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a progressive administrative position;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and sound judgment;
• Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of discretion and tact with excellent customer service skills;
• Excellent research skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
• Possess and maintain a valid “G” driver’s licence and have the use of a reliable vehicle;
• Good organizational and time management skills to prioritize workload;
• Good verbal communication skills in order to provide accurate information in a pleasant and effective manner to telephone callers and visitors;
• Must be a team player;
• Willing to participate in training related to the job;
• Computer literacy and proficiency utilizing MS Office software applications and adaptability to sector specific software.
Hiring will be subject to the successful submission of a Criminal Record check and verification of education and experience requirements.
The Municipality offers an annual salary range of $35,490 to $44,148 per year.
Applicants are invited to submit resumes in confidence by 3:00 p.m. on July 14, 2022 to:
Municipality of Hastings Highlands
33011 Highway 62, Maynooth ON K0L 2S0
Email: [email protected]
Visit our website at: https://hastingshighlands.ca/municipal/careers-volunteering/ for a complete job description.
The Municipality of Hastings Highlands wishes to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise if you require accommodation and the Municipality will endeavour to accommodate candidates in all parts of the hiring process. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.