October 10, 2022
2022 Voters’ Guide – Ontario Municipal Council and School Board Elections
How to Vote – Voting is convenient with Internet or Telephone Voting:
- Wait for your Voter Instruction Letter to arrive in the mail (late September, early October).
- Hold on to the Voter Instruction Letter in a safe place until voting opens on Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
- You will have 14 Days to vote, but do not wait until the last minute in case you have difficulty logging into the voting system.
- Open your Voter Instruction Letter and find your PIN number that will grant you access to the voting system. Please Note – If you did not receive your Voter Instruction Letter in the mail by October 11, you will be able to obtain a new one from the Municipal Office.
- You Have Two (2) Ways that You Can Vote:
|Vote by Telephone|
(Takes about 10-15 minutes)
|Vote by Internet|
(Takes about 5 minutes-Easier Method)
|1. Call the number provided in your Voter Instruction Letter|
2. Enter your date of birth
3. Enter your PIN
(If you get an error while trying to login it may be an incorrect or missing birthdate and once you contact the voter help line to have it corrected, you can then cast your votes).
4. Vote (use the ‘#’ sign to confirm your selections)
|1. Visit the voting website provided in your Voter Instruction Letter by entering the address into the address bar at the top of your internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)|
2. Enter the Human Challenge (set of distorted letters and numbers to identify) as shown on the screen
3. Enter your date of birth
4. Enter your PIN
(If you get an error on this screen it may be an incorrect or missing birthdate and once you contact the voter help line to have it corrected, you can then cast your votes).
5. Follow the prompts through all contests, and complete your ballot by pressing the “Submit” button or the “Decline to Vote” button and then the ‘Vote Now’ button.
Want to ensure your vote counted?
- Once the voters’ vote process is complete, the voter may, at any time before the election is over, reenter their voter credentials, and this page with their voting history will be displayed confirming that their ballots are still securely in the system.
- If you do not have access to a touchtone telephone, or internet at your home, visit the Municipality of Hastings Highlands, during their specified Voting hours, and use our touch-screen kiosks or public-access computer.
Electronic Voting Assistance
If you do not have access to a computer to vote online or if you require assistance with electronic voting please come to one of the following locations during our hours of operation.
|Location||Dates||Hours of Operation|
33011 Hwy 62, Maynooth
Oct. 14, 20
Oct. 18, 19, 21
|10:00AM to 4:00PM|
8:00AM to 4:00PM
8:00AM to 8:00PM
9:00AM to 4:00PM
8:00AM to 4:00PM
10:00AM to 3:00PM
9:00AM to 8:00PM
|Lake St. Peter Community Centre|
5 Boulter Lake Rd., Lake St. Peter
|Oct. 12||9:00AM to 12:00PM|
|Monteagle Fire Station Parking Lot|
3205 Musclow-Greenview Rd., Monteagle Valley
|Oct. 17||9:00AM to 12:00PM|
|Herschel Rink Parking Lot|
168 S. Baptiste Lake Rd., Birds Creek
|Oct. 18||9:00AM to 12:00PM|