The Municipality of Hastings Highlands is dedicated to providing our community with ‘Exceptional Service and Governance’ by providing consistent, timely, courteous and respectful service at every point of contact and with every interaction. We have implemented a ‘Customer Service Strategy’ designed to foster and support the needs of our residents, business owners, visitors, tourists, investors and stakeholders.
Our ‘Customer Service Strategy’ includes the following policies:
1. Corporate Customer Service Standards Policy – NEW
2. Bylaw Enforcement Complaints Policy – NEW
3. Corporate Complaints Policy – UPDATED
4. Handling of Unreasonable Customer Behaviour – NEW
POSTER – Is Your Concern …. A Customer Service Request? OR A Matter Affecting Council?
Customer Service Requests
Customer Service Requests (CSR) are issues that cannot be resolved at the first point of contact. Once a Customer Service Request Form is submitted (in-person, phone, email or on our website) you will receive the following:
1. A notification acknowledging receipt of your customer service request.
2. A case number assigned to your request.
3. A notification when the request is closed.
Examples of a Customer Service Request:
– Bylaw Infraction
– Obstructed/Blocked Drainage Culvert
– Downed Sign, Light or Tree
– Municipal service issue
– Parking Complaint
– Sidewalk problem
– Snow clearing
Corporate Complaint Handling Policy
The Municipality of Hastings Highlands is committed to a consistent and uniform process to respond to complaints received from members of the public regarding programs, facilities, municipal services, municipal staff and procedures.
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to a municipal program, service, facility, staff or council member, where a citizen believes that the municipality has not provided a service experience to the customer’s satisfaction and applies only when the ‘Customer Service Request’ process has been exhausted (where applicable).
Compliments and Feedback
The Municipality recognizes the value of public input and seeks feedback and compliments to ensure continuous improvement. Compliments/feedback can be sent to the Municipality by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at the Municipal Office
- By telephone (613) 338-2811