The Municipality of Hastings Highlands accepts applications/resumes for advertised positions only. Personal information is collected under the authority of the, and the information will be used for employment purposes only. We regret that we are unable to correspond with and/or interview all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted., Municipality of Hastings Highlands offers a diverse and challenging work environment while maintaining a healthy, safe and productive work environment for our employees.
We seek motivated team players who want to work collaboratively to offer top notch services and customer service to our residents and visitors.
The Corporation of the Municipality of Hastings Highlands is currently recruiting an energetic and motivated professional, who works well in a fast-paced environment and is forward thinking to fill the full time position of Municipal Planner.
Job Summary (Job description available below)
Reporting to the Chief Building Official, the Municipal Planner will be responsible for all planning and development applications, short term planning and all other matters related to the comprehensive and orderly land use development of the Municipality.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• 4 Year university degree in Planning, Geography or related discipline.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in municipal land use planning, preferably in a municipal environment.
• Full or Candidate membership of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute preferred.
• Good working knowledge of the Planning Act, Municipal Act and other policies and legislation.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Ability to deal courteously and effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a team environment, to prioritize and problem solve while working under deadlines.
• A valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence.
• Experience with computer software programs including MS Office, Keystone and knowledge/experience with GIS.
• Knowledge and ability to apply the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Municipal Administration Office – busy office area. Normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Travel, evening meeting attendance, one evening per week in July and August and overtime is required.
The Municipality offers an annual salary range of $51,183.60 to 63,979.50 per year.
Applicants are invited to submit resumes in confidence by 3:00 p.m. on April 6, 2020 to:
Martin Cox, CBO
Municipality of Hastings Highlands
33011 Highway 62, Maynooth ON K0L 2S0
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications are appreciated; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection.
The Municipality of Hastings Highlands is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact us in advance.
Volunteering with the Municipality of Hastings Highlands
The Municipality of Hastings Highlands uses volunteers which serve to complement and enhance the work of paid staff, and is intended to provide strong, sustainable programs and activities that bring people of all ages and interests together, and provides an atmosphere of inclusion, participation and interaction for both volunteers and program participants.
Interested in becoming a volunteer of the Municipality? You can review our Volunteer Policy for more information.