Skip to content

Third Party Advertiser FAQ

The Office of the Municipal Clerk/Retuning Officer is here to provide assistance with helping you identify ‘where to look’ if you have questions in regards to Third Party Advertising. Email us at [email protected] or call us at (613) 338-2811 ext. 211 or ext. 277 for assistance.

Your question might have already been asked by someone else. Here is a list of common Third Party Advertiser Questions.

What is a third party advertiser?

A third party advertiser is a paid message placed in any medium (broadcast, print or electronic) by an individual (other than the nominated candidate), a corporation, or a trade union that supports or opposes a candidate for council, mayor or school board.

What are the eligibility requirements for third party advertisers?

Only the following persons and entities are eligible to file a notice of registration:
– an individual who is normally a resident in Ontario
– a corporation that carries on business in Ontario
– a trade union that holds bargaining rights for employees in Ontario

What are the expense limits for third parties?

Third party advertisers will be subject to two spending limits:
– a general spending limit
– a separate limit for expenses related to parties and expressions of appreciation after the close of voting.
The Municipality will provide a preliminary Certificate of Estimated Maximum Third Party Expenses to third party advertisers at registration. A final Certificate of Maximum Third Party Expenses will be provided to the registered third party advertisers by September 15, 2022.