Are you on the Voters’ List?
Make sure you are registered to Vote in Hastings Highlands and that your information is up to date.
- Call the Voter Help Line at (613) 334-6344 OR 1-877-595-2496
- Email us at [email protected]
- Drop by the Voter Help Centre (see hours and locations below)
Not on the Voters’ List? No problem!
- You can complete an application to add yourself to the Voters’ List or to update your information, like your mailing address.
- You’ll need to bring proof of identification and residency with you. You can find examples of these listed below – or by giving us a call.
- Can’t make it in? No problem – you can print off the application below (Form EL15). Send the completed Form EL15 together with proof of identification and residence to [email protected]
Voter Help Centre – Electronic Voting Assistance
|Location||Dates||Hours of Operation|
33011 Hwy 62, Maynooth
|Oct. 11 |
Oct. 14, 20
Oct. 18, 19, 21
|10:00AM to 4:00PM|
8:00AM to 4:00PM
8:00AM to 8:00PM
9:00AM to 4:00PM
8:00AM to 4:00PM
10:00AM to 3:00PM
9:00AM to 8:00PM
|Lake St. Peter Community Centre|
5 Boulter Lake Rd., Lake St. Peter
|Oct. 12||9:00AM to 12:00PM|
|Monteagle Fire Station Parking Lot|
3205 Musclow-Greenview Rd., Monteagle Valley
|Oct. 17||9:00AM to 12:00PM|
|Herschel Rink Parking Lot|
168 S. Baptiste Lake Rd., Birds Creek
|Oct. 18||9:00AM to 12:00PM|
You can vote if you are:
- A Canadian citizen; and
- At least 18 years old; and
- A resident of Hastings Highlands; or
- A non-resident of Hastings Highlands, but you or your spouse own or rent property in the Municipality; and
- Are not prohibited from voting under any law
You may only vote once in the Hastings Highlands municipal election regardless of how many properties you own or rent within the municipality. You may also vote in multiple Municipal Elections if you own property outside of Hastings Highlands.
If you do not have access to a computer to vote online or if you require assistance with electronic voting please come to one of the following locations during our hours of operation.
How to Vote – Voting is convenient with Internet or Telephone Voting:
- Wait for your Voter Instruction Letter to arrive in the mail (late September, early October).
- Hold on to the Voter Instruction Letter in a safe place until voting opens on Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
- You will have 14 Days to vote, but do not wait until the last minute in case you have difficulty logging into the voting system.
- Open your Voter Instruction Letter and find your PIN number that will grant you access to the voting system. Please Note – If you did not receive your Voter Instruction Letter in the mail by October 11, you will be able to obtain a new one from the Municipal Office.
- You Have Two (2) Ways that You Can Vote:
|Vote by Telephone|
(Takes about 10-15 minutes)
|Vote by Internet|
(Takes about 5 minutes-Easier Method)
|1. Call the number provided in your Voter Instruction Letter|
2. Enter your date of birth
3. Enter your PIN
(If you get an error while trying to login it may be an incorrect or missing birthdate and once you contact the voter help line to have it corrected, you can then cast your votes).
4. Vote (use the ‘#’ sign to confirm your selections)
|1. Visit the voting website provided in your Voter Instruction Letter by entering the address into the address bar at the top of your internet browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge)|
2. Enter the Human Challenge (set of distorted letters and numbers to identify) as shown on the screen
3. Enter your date of birth
4. Enter your PIN
(If you get an error on this screen it may be an incorrect or missing birthdate and once you contact the voter help line to have it corrected, you can then cast your votes).
5. Follow the prompts through all contests, and complete your ballot by pressing the “Submit” button or the “Decline to Vote” button and then the ‘Vote Now’ button.
Want to ensure your vote counted?
- Once the voters’ vote process is complete, the voter may, at any time before the election is over, reenter their voter credentials, and this page with their voting history will be displayed confirming that their ballots are still securely in the system.
- If you do not have access to a touchtone telephone, or internet at your home, visit the Municipality of Hastings Highlands, during their specified Voting hours, and use our touch-screen kiosks or public-access computer.
List of Certified Candidates and Registered Third Party Advertisers
A full list will appear below as Candidates are nominated during the nomination period between May 2, 2022 and August 19, 2022 (at 2:00 p.m.). View the Official List of Candidates.