December 2, 2021
Draft Bylaw 2022-005 (Vegetative Buffer)
Zoning Bylaw Amendment to Conform with the
Natural Vegetative Buffer Policies in the Official Plan
Public input is being requested for an amendment to the Municipality’s Comprehensive Zoning Bylaw.
A Comprehensive Zoning Bylaw is a tool of the Ontario Planning Act to regulate the use of land, buildings and structures.
Draft Bylaw 2022-005 is a Zoning Bylaw Amendment that will amend the existing Bylaw 2004-035 Comprehensive Zoning Bylaw for the Municipality of Hastings Highlands.
The goal of Bylaw 2022-005 (Vegetative Buffer) is to amend the Comprehensive Zoning Bylaw to conform with natural vegetative buffer policies in the County of Hastings Official Plan. The Municipality of Hastings Highlands is a part of the County of Hastings. The County of Hastings updated their Official Plan for the County in August 2018. The Municipality is required by the Ontario Planning Act to amend the Comprehensive Zoning Bylaw to conform with the Official Plan.
The first reading of the proposed Bylaw 2022-005 was held at the Council meeting on December 1, 2021. The second reading of the proposed Zoning Bylaw Amendment will be held at the Council meeting on March 2, 2022. The third and final reading of the Zoning Bylaw Amendment will be held at the Council meeting on May 4, 2022.
Public Input can be submitted as of the December 1, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council until Third Reading and can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Provide Public Input at the Public Meetings at the Regular Meeting of Council for the two remaining Readings. Register to speak by contacting Cathy Bujas, Building/Planning Clerk by email to [email protected] or (613) 338-2811 Ext. 222 by 4:00 p.m. on the Monday before the scheduled Meeting.
- Ask questions at a virtual Open House Session on April 8, 2022 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Review and ask questions at an in-person Open House Session on April 14, 2022 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Emond Hall at the Hastings Highlands Centre at 33011 Highway 62, Maynooth.
- Review information and submit your input through Have Your Say Hastings Highlands webpage at https://hastingshighlands.ca/have-your-say-hastings-highlands/
- By calling, writing, or emailing the Municipality.
You may request a copy of the proposed Zoning Bylaw Amendment at the Municipality’s office.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Municipality of Hastings Highlands
33011 Hwy 62N, PO Box 130
Maynooth, ON K0L 2S0
Phone (613) 338-2811 Fax (613) 338-3292