December 4, 2019
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – PLANNING – Permanent Full-Time
The Municipality of Hastings Highlands is currently accepting applications for a positive, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to fill the permanent position of Administrative Assistant – Planning for our Team.
Education and Training
• Successful completion of a post-secondary certificate/diploma in Office Administration, Legal Assistant, Land Use Planning or a closely related discipline
• Good understanding of municipal government, knowledge of land use planning processes and related legislation, procedure bylaws and parliamentary rules of procedure;
• Successful completion of the OACA’s (Ontario Association of Committees of Adjustment + Consent Authorities) Primer on Planning or willingness to complete within a year;
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Hastings County GIS Mapping, iCompass and related software;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and sound judgment, with the ability to exercise discretion and tact;
• A minimum of two years of experience in a progressive administrative position or law office;
• An equivalent mix of education and experience will be considered;
• You have demonstrated the ability to independently prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks in a busy environment to meet stringent deadlines. Adept with technology and customer focused, you are an effective communicator and a tactful professional
A full position description including the skills and knowledge required is available in the Careers & Volunteering section of our website www.hastingshighlands.ca
Salary Range considering experience and the 2019 Municipal pay grid, range of $17.11 – $21.39 per hour.
Applicants are invited to submit covering letters, certifications, and resumes no later than Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. to the attention of: Municipal Clerk, Municipality of Hastings Highlands, PO Box 130, 33011 Hwy 62, Maynooth ON, K0L 2S0 or via e-mail to [email protected]
Hiring will be subject to possessing a Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence, the successful passing of a Criminal Reference check and verification of education and required certifications.
The Municipality of Hastings Highlands wishes to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those being selected for an interview will be contacted. The Municipality of Hastings Highlands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Municipality will endeavour to accommodate qualified candidates in all parts of the hiring process. Accommodation is available to candidates upon request. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.